Tuesday 6 October 2015

Travelling Thoughts



Over the past few months, I've wanted to travel desperately and finishing a few episodes of Departures recently has thrown me into that loop, need for travel again. It must become a reality and I will not stop until it is one :)

My aspirations to develop this into a travel blog may not happen overnight as not everything does but perseverance will get me there, perseverance can get anyone anywhere they want/need to be. I guarantee you that. The simple key is: Never. Give. Up.

I will not stop until I've visited the home of Bilbo Baggins in New Zealand. Until I've climbed trees in Capetown, Africa. Until I've crossed glaciers in Iceland. Until I've hiked across bridges in Cambodia. I'm going to fulfill these goals and dreams and I want all of you to be along with me for the ride. You'll get an insider's view of my travels and adventures and hopefully get the feeling as if you're there with me. I cannot make any promises as to when this will start happening but I can make the promise that it WILL happen. Getting there is what will need to fall into place.

This goes for anyone with any aspirations, goals and dreams, I want you to have this same attitude and feel as though there isn't a damn thing in this world that can stop you. We all have bills, debts, struggles and constraints in our lives that seemingly constantly hold us back but once we deal with these issues head on and tackle them, we can move forth onto bigger and better things in our lives. It sounds easier said than done but really, anything is possible when you apply yourself.

Every time I post an article, which this is my sixth, I state how important the mindframe you're in at all times is. Mindfulness is so powerful, yet so many of us have troubles abiding by it and allowing ourselves to live in the moment. This is where you need to physically (and mentally/emotionally) take a step back from what you're doing, inhale a few deep breaths and come to terms with where you are in the present moment and what can be done to better your life moving forward and get you to where you want to be. To be able to do things that you've always wanted to do, since you were a small child. Never let that childish passion die! 

That's definitely not to say that I'm telling you to be immature, I'm merely stating that you need to keep that sense of wonder and explorative nature alive because there's never a point to which you can stop learning, you can always learn more, you can always grow and you can always expand/adapt to life as it comes to you and throws you this way, and that. Keep an open mind, though don't be naive. Be strong, though don't let the world make you cold. Be smart, though never bestow judgement unto others who do not deserve it.

One day I'll make a post from the beaches of Honolulu and I'll be reaching out to all of you and hoping that you as well chased your dreams and continue chasing them, there's never a limit to what you can achieve and continue to create. Never stop, and furthermore never will your adventure either :)

This brief post was absolutely necessary and it's been on my mind since last night, I'm just being me, original and independent. I don't feel the need to conform to some piece of writing that someone WANTS me to write or feels that it SHOULD be a certain way. It comes from the heart and so should all of your actions, never let anyone make you feel bad for doing the things you love, and in your own way. It's you, it's your life and yours only. Live it originally because everyone else is already taken. Namaste.


                                          (Solace)

3 comments:

  1. Very well written son! Just make sure that when you go to Hawaii I am with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your wonderful article Austen! A must-read for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article Austen! Keep them coming. I'm looking forward to number 7.

    ReplyDelete